Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Ultrasound Services
Consultation with a Board Certified Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist, Dr. Mark Grant
Visiting a pregnancy specialist would be of benefit for any patient with a condition or risk factor that could complicate a current or future pregnancy. Some examples:
- Multi-fetal gestation (twins or more)
- History of pregnancy loss
- History of surgery of the cervix (dysplasia/HPV treatment)
- Preterm delivery or premature labor
- Low amniotic fluid or small baby
- Placental abruption or placenta abnormal location
- Bleeding in pregnancy
- Pregnancy at 35 or older
- Infertility or multiple miscarriage
- Genetic disorder
- Autoimmune disorder
- Any medical condition
Our services are available to those who are contemplating pregnancy, and have risk factors or a history of adverse outcome with a previous pregnancy. Your best chance at a good outcome is discussion of risk factors prior to conception.
Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound
Our facility is fully accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
- First Trimester Ultrasound -- to establish due date and evaluate fetal well-being
- Nuchal Translucency Scan -- performed from 11 to 13 6/7 weeks. Normal findings indicate less risk of a chromosomal abnormality or structural cardiac defect being present. This test is often used in conjunction with first trimester biochemical testing for detection of genetic abnormality.
- Morphology Ultrasound -- looks for structural or chromosomal abnormalities -- best performed at approximately 20 weeks of gestation
- Fetal Echocardiography -- a detailed and specialized ultrasound of the fetal heart
- 3D/4D Ultrasound technology -- utilized as part of the diagnostic ultrasound, when indicated
- Cervical Length Assessment -- used to assess the risk of prematurity for those at risk.
- Biophysical Profile Testing -- performed weekly for high risk pregnancies to assess fetal well-being
- Gynecologic Ultrasound -- performed on non-pregnant patients to assess pelvic structures, the uterus, ovaries, any abnormal structures that may be present
What does it mean to be accredited by the AIUM, and why is it important?
3D/4D Ultrasound Fetal Portraiture
This state-of-the-art technology allows you to see how your baby really looks, like a live-action video. It promotes prenatal bonding and allows siblings and grandparents to share a sense of closeness with your baby. Click here to learn more.
Available for those with advanced maternal age, a history of a child with a chromosomal or physical problem, a family history of genetic disorder, or those who have been exposed to chemicals, medications, or X-rays during pregnancy.
Performed on non-pregnant patients with pelvic mass, pain, abnormal bleeding, or for cancer screening.
Center for Maternal-Fetal Care's location within Women's Wellness Center allows us to offer on site the following unique specialty services:
Mental Health Counseling
Available for relationship issues, depression and other mood disorders, life transitions, stress management, etc. Please visit Our Providers page to meet our mental health counselors.
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine
Ancient methods of healing used for centuries to treat a wide range of ailments and enhance well-being. Acupuncture can be effective in treating nausea of pregnancy and infertility.
Massage therapy facilitates emotional and physical healing, reduces stress, and rejuvenates the mind and body. We offer prenatal massage - a special treat to relieve aches and pains associated with pregnancy. Some massage types can be covered by health insurance. Click here for more.